Privacy & Security
Dteckt, Inc. operates dteckt.com and related mobile and web applications for the purpose of providing security services. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that information.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect several types of personal information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Information You Give Us
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Credit Card Number
- Notification settings
- Companies you do business with
- Social Security Number
- Automatic Information
We may also collect information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device. This may include information such as:
- The name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using and/or the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- The type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system.
- The date and time you access the Website, the length of your stay, and the specific pages that you access while visiting the Website; and/or
- The type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We use this information to monitor the usage of our Service, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on the Service. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the collected information for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To contact you if there is a problem completing a transaction you requested or to discuss your account.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support.
- To enable our financial services partners to implement automatic payments.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
- To monitor the usage of our Service.
- To detect, assess, prevent and address technical and performance issues.
- To understand the relative importance of the information provided on the Service.
- To conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
- To deliver to you relevant advertising from use of demographic and preference information such that advertising related to our Service is targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent; and
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
When you interact with the Service, we automatically receive and record information from your browser, including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the Service.
Data about your activities online may be collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests, either by us, or third parties. We may work with third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve advertisements across the internet and may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of these ads on third party websites and viewing of ads and of our content.
You can opt out of certain advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt out page at optout.networkadvertising.org, by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page at aboutads.info/choices. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit Google’s Privacy & Terms web page: policies.google.com/privacy.
How We Store Your Information
Personal information received by Dteckt from you or third parties may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our service providers maintain facilities.
How We Share Your Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share personal information only as described below
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Dteckt.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; and
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals, such as contractors, vendors, or distributors, to facilitate our Service, provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used (“Service Providers”). These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose to third parties or use it for any other purpose and are additionally required to keep it confidential.
Merger, Sale, Or Bankruptcy
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, Dteckt may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
Retention of Personal Information
Links to Other Websites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changes, Deletion, and Access to Your Personal Information
For those with access to Dteckt’s Service, you can make Information or Data Deletion requests at any time. As a subscriber, you can update your password, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, and banking information at any time on the website. If you need to change any other sensitive information, including but not limited to your first/last name or Social Security Number, please contact our Privacy Support at (240)823-4344 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any of the contact methods available in the Contact Us section are available to you as well.
How We Secure Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information collected, used, stored, shared, or transferred as part of our Service from access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. You are also best suited to take your own reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse such as by maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and logging out of your account when not using our Service. For issues pertaining to Dteckt’s security strategy, to report a bug, or to report a security incident please contact us at email@example.com